"[A] fascinating tour through Greek and Roman eating habits." The Guardian
"This learned and often amusing work will help to establish the importance of this field of study [food history]. Covering the period of antiquity from 750 BC to AD 200, it is a fruitful joint effort between a classicist, Wilkins, and Hill, a distinguished chef... By contrasting the ancient world with our own, this book shows how little human nature has changed in three millennia." BBC History Magazine
"A delight in every sense -- learned, but written with a real delight in its subject matter, packed with beguiling information and drawing cunning parallels between the ancient and modern food worlds." Matthew Fort, Food & Drink Editor, The Guardian
In Food in the Ancient World, a respected classicist and a practising world-class chef explore a millennium of eating and drinking.
# Explores a millennium of food consumption, from c.750 BC to 200 AD.
# Shows the pivotal role food had in a world where it was linked with morality and the social order.
# Concerns people from all walks of life – impoverished citizens subsisting on cereals to the meat-eating elites.
# Describes religious sacrifices, ancient dinner parties and drinking bouts, as well as exotic foods and recipes.
# Considers the role of food in ancient literature from Homer to Juvenal and Petronius.
Tuesday, 12 January 2010
Thursday, 29 January 2009
Ancient recipe,Without spending on medicine, tablets, injections, diagnosis, Doctor fees, etc., just by drinking pure water, the following diseases will be cured.
2. Blood Pressure/Hyper Tension
3. Anemia (Blood Shortage)
4. Rheumatism (Pain in joints/ muscles)
5. General Paralysis
6. Obesity (Very Fatness)
11. Cough (Khansi)
How to do this water therapy?
1) Early morning after you get up from bed (without even brushing your teeth) drink 1.50 liters of water i.e., 5 to 6 glasses. Better to pre-measure 1.50 liters of water. Let us all know that our ancestors termed this therapy as "Usha Paana Chikitsa". You may wash your face thereafter.
2) Here it is very essential to note that nothing else - neither drinks nor solid food of any sort - should be taken within 1 hour before and after drinking this 1.50 liters of water.
3) It is also to be strictly observed that no Alcoholic drinks should be taken the previous night.
4) If required, boiled and filtered water may be used for this purpose.
Is it possible to drink 1.50 liters of water at one time?
1) To begin with, one may find it difficult to drink 1.50 liters of water at one time, but one will get used to it gradually. Initially, while practicing you may drink four glasses first and the balance two glasses after a gap of two minutes. In the beginning, you may find the necessity to urinate 2 to 3 times within an hour, but it will become normal after sometime.
By research and experience, the following diseases are observed to be cured with this therapy within the indicated days as below:
Constipation in 1 day
Acidity 2 days
Diabetes 7 days (Editor: May be in some specific Cases)
BP & Hypertension 4 weeks
Cancer 4 weeks (Editor: May be in some specific Cases)
Pulmonary TB 3 months
By : Rozina
Posted by nadya88ayu at 00:46
Sunday, 4 January 2009
Advantage for women : Ancient food
1. To remove the smell in the vagina ( intimate organ )
2. Overcoming interference mensturation
How to use :
1. Boil 1 liter of water until boiling.
2. Enter 1 bunch leaf kemanggi and betel leaf (3 pieces), leave for 10 minutes
3. Drank 3 x a day, for 1 month (can also added with honey)
4. This traditional treatment, so its must be drank regularly
See more the other ancient food series...
Friday, 2 January 2009
Betel palm or Betel nut tree
Narrowing vagina holes (such as virgin)
How to use:
peel 3 young betel nuts fruit. Take the fruit seeds
Fill in ½ cup hot water. And shake it
Drink in the morning, for 1 month.
If the stomach pain, please stop at first, because your stomach is not familiar with different cultures ( ancient culture of asian )
This natural treatment, so it may take some time, so would you please drink its on the routine,
Ancient food series 1 ( Asian series ) Click Here to Read More..
Tuesday, 30 December 2008
Ancient food from asia...
Areca nuts are chewed with betel leaf for their effects as a mild stimulant, causing a hot sensation in the body, heightened alertness and sweating, although the effects vary from person to person. The areca nut contains tannin, gallic acid, a fixed oil gum, a little terpineol, lignin, various saline substances and three main alkaloids: Arecoline, Arecain and Guracine which have vasoconstricting properties. The betel leaf chewed along with it contains eugenol, also a vasoconstrictor. Many chewers also add small pieces of tobacco leaf to the mixture, thereby adding the effect of the nicotine, which causes greater addiction than the drugs contained in the nut and the betel. The effect of chewing betel nut is relatively mild and could be compared to drinking a strong cup of coffee.
Posted by nadya88ayu at 21:41
There are many ancient food in the world and the meaning of its :
1. Arabic........القديمة في الغذاء
3. Dutch.........oude voedsel
4. French........ancienne alimentaire
5. German........alten Lebens
6. Greek.........αρχαία τροφίμων
7. Indonesian....Resep kuno
9. Korean........고대 음식
12.Vietnamese....thức ăn cổ xưa